Providing access and commissions for apartment owners
Do you have any questions regarding KWHotel functions or development?
>>>Ask them here
- Preparing accounts for apartment owners
- Configuring sources of reservations
- Configuring commissions of sources
- Configuring additional charges in the web panel
- Configuring data displayed for apartment owners
- Verifying the correctness of configuration
- Settling with apartment owner at the end of month
With KWHotel Pro, you may provide your apartment owners with access to a dedicated web panel. It can be used to view availability in their apartments and earned commissions.
Please note that web panel for apartmentowners is an extra paid module.
The below manual contains all information required to grant access andprepare commissions for your apartment owners.
1. Preparing accounts for apartment owners
Each apartment owner must receive a separate account in KWHotel Pro.Below you will find a detailed manual on how to achieve that:
- Go to Tools –> Configuration –> Users.
- Click “Add”.
- Insert apartment owner`s name.
- Insert apartment owner`s login. He will use it to log to the web panel.
- Fill in the email address if you wish to send automated messages to this owner. A manual for automated email messages can be found here.
- Insert the owner`s password twice. He will use it to log to the web panel.
- From the “User role” field, pick the “Portal” option.
- Time to assign apartments to this owner. Press the “Rooms visible by this user” button.
- Pick the apartments that shall belong to the given apartment owner.
- Press the “Save” button.
- Time to configure commissions to be calculated for the given owner. Proceed to “Owner settings”.
- In the “Settlement method” field select one of the following options:
“User is not owner”: turns off any possibilities to calculate commissions for the given user. Such person will not be taken into account, when calculating commissions in the web panel. It`s worth using this option if you wish to provide web access to your housekeeping staff.
Attention! Using the above option will not prevent the given user from seeing the apartment owner`s commissions.
- “Commission from net price”: takes into account a cost of reservation minus tax.
- “Commission from gross price”: takes into account a cost of reservation, including tax.
- Insert percentage value of commission for this apartment owner.
- Insert percentage value of tax, based on which the final net or gross amount will be calculated for this apartment owner.
- In the “Order of commission calculation” field select one of the below variants:
- “From the total price for booking”.
- “After subtracting commission`s source, breakfast and additional charges”.
- “After subtracting commission`s source, breakfast and additional charges pattern 2”.
Attention! Calculations will also include a tax for room rates.
Below you will find detailed patterns for calculating price, which will serve as a base to calculate the broker`s commission.
(a1, b1) from net price for reservation; from the total price for bookingnet = total net price for reservation
(a2, b1) from gross price for reservation; from the total price for bookinggross = total gross price forreservation
(a1, b2) from net price for reservation; after subtracting commission`s source,breakfast andadditional charges
net = total net price for reservation – commission`s source – commission from additional charges.
(a2, b2) from gross price for reservation; after subtracting commission`s source, breakfast andadditional charges
gross = total gross price for reservation – commission`s source –commission from additional charges
(a1, b3) from net price for reservation; after subtracting commission`s source,breakfast andadditional chargespattern 2
net = (total gross price for reservation – commission`s source – commission from additional charges) / (1 + Tax for rooms)
Below you will find possible calculations of amounts for apartment owner.
Step 16. Once you have finished configuration, press the “Save” button.
2. Configuring sources of reservations
First make sure that you have prepared all sources you wish to use. It can be done in Tools –> Data editor –> Reservation sources.
In case synchronization with channel manager or Booking.com is deployed, sources are inserted automatically. You may also add more manually:
- Press the “Add” button.
- An empty field will appear on top of the list. Insert the source`s name in the “Name” column.
- Click the “Save” button.
3. Configuring commissions of sources
Now that your reservation sources are ready, you may configure separate commissions for each source or apartment. To achieve that, proceed to Tools –> Data Editor –> Channel manager commissions. After that please:
- Click the “Add” button
- Select reservation source from the “Booking source” list.
- Select apartment group where commission will be assigned, from the “Room group” list.
- Insert the source`s commission in the “Commission” field.
- Press the “Save” button to save the changes
Apply the above steps to all sources you need.
4. Configuring additional charges in the web panel
If you charge your apartment owners with additionalfees for cleaning or collect commissions for breakfast, it can be configurednow. Please use the following manual to achieve
- Log in to administrator panel, located on https://dev.kwhotel.com/#/login.
- Head to Configuration –> Apartment owners –> Calculations
- Insert value of the regular fee if you wish to use it or insert “0”. It will be deducted from the final amount, calculated for an apartment owner at the end of the month.
- Provide an amount for breakfast commission, if you wish to use it or insert “0”. It will be deducted from the final amount, calculated for an apartment owner at the end of the month.
- Set the “New calendar for apartment owners” option to “Yes”.
- Press the “Save” button.
5. Configuring data displayed for apartment owners
In the web panel you may configure what data will be displayed toapartment owners. To perform such configuration, please refer to the belowmanual:
- Go to Configuration –> Apartment owners –> Calendar
- On the bottom of the screen you will notice two columns. On the left you will see “Disabled columns” (they are not displayed to apartment owners) and on the right you will see “Enabled columns” (they are displayed to apartment owners). Please select the desired value from the column on the left and press the arrow button to move it to enabled columns.
- Having finished the configuration, press the “Save” button.
6. Verifying the correctness of configuration
In order to check the correctness of performedconfiguration, press the “Availability” button, located in the webpanel. In the newly opened window check, whether the displayed data is correct.
If that is confirmed, you may provide your apartment owners with accesscredentials to the web panel.
Link to the panel remains under https://dev.kwhotel.com/#/login but instead of using the “Administrator panel”, the owner must choose the “Client panel” instead. There he logs in using the credentials you created for him in KWHotel Pro, in the part 1 of this manual.
7. Settling with apartment owner at the end of month
Apartment owner, when logged in the “Availability” module, maycheck in the bottom of the screen, if his calculations were confirmed.
Below you will find a manual on how to confirm settlements with apartment owners, in KWHotel Pro.
- Go to “Rooms” module.
- Edit apartment which you wish to confirm settlement for (just double click it or select it on the list and press the “Edit” button).
- In the apartment configuration screen proceed to the “List of repairs” tab.
- Select a month for which you wish to confirm settlement.
- Press the “Checked” button. It will confirm settlement for the current month (a new value named “Checked” will appear).